Tuesday, December 5, 2017

5, not 4

Hello friends! I had a GREAT appointment yesterday with my oncologist. I have all kinds of great things to tell you, but today my heart is heavy. I will totally fill y'all in about me, but today, I am asking (really begging) for prayers for my friend.

This year, 5 people in my church have been diagnosed with cancer. Now, that may not seem like a big number to you, but for our small church, it's HUGE! We have all fought this year with the strength and support of our church family. Today, I'm asking for you to pray one of the five of us:  my friend, Volker.
I have had the privilege of knowing him and his sweet family for years. I was a leader in the youth group when his girls were in high school, and I'm so blessed to call them friends now. Volker had a successful bone marrow transplant this summer after battling cancer, but now he is struggling with several infections. He's lost a ton of weight and is very weak. They did a biopsy on his lungs today, and they need answers. Please pray they are able to figure out what's going on so they can treat him. Volker is a fighter, but he needs strength. He's in ICU on a ventilator, and they need to figure out what's going on and get him on the path to recovery. 

In these types of situations, we always want to step in and help in some way. There are a few things we can do, but really, we need to pray. This is how we can really help right now. They have close family and friends around them to help in the other ways, but they desperately need prayer. Please pray for quick and definitive results from the biopsy. Pray they can treat whatever is going on. And, pray for strength for Volker to fight, and for his girls to fight right alongside him. 

We started 2017 with 5 people battling cancer. We've all fought hard and endured this year. I'd like to end 2017 with all 5 of us still fighting. I'd like for all 5 of our families to look to 2018 as a year of healing and better times ahead. Please pray that this sweet family would get to celebrate Christmas together and look forward to next year as a year of healing and celebration. 

I also have another prayer request. Goodness, I seem kinda bossy today. Sorry about that. There is a sweet family at my girls' school who is going through a difficult time as well. Their youngest daughter, Lily, was found in a pool this weekend. They have meet with the neurologist, and they are hopeful that she can make a great recovery. Please pray that the Lord would heal her brain and anything else that was harmed. Pray that she would start recognizing family and begin her road to recovery. 

Thank you for praying for Lily and Volker. I can't even imagine what their families are going through. This world can be so hard sometimes, but I'm thankful to serve and pray to a God that has overcome the world. I'll post an update on my last surgery this week, and I will keep you posted on these two sweet people. 

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment